Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be My Valentine

Valentine's Day was sweet.  Nothing too outrageous. Nothing spectacular. We decided no gifts and we'd just grab dinner to eat at home and relax since we both had to work and don't get home until 7.
I had a little celebration with my students which involved my famous (Yes, I'm saying it's famous, but I'm sure I'm the only one that thinks so.) Love Potion.  The rule is that if you take a drink while you are looking directly into someone's eyes, you will instantly fall madly in love with them. Telling this to 30 ten year olds is hilarious!  They either single out people to look at or drink with their eyes closed the whole time!

Anyway...back to my Valentine's Day...
So in the afternoon while I was celebrating with my kids the office called in on the intercom and said there was a delivery for me and I probably wanted to get it right away.
So I send two students to get it and in they walk with a COLD box from Shari's Berries! Josh sent me chocolate dipped strawberries! That surprise filled cutie pants!
He said he didn't want to get me flowers because everyone does flowers and he wanted to do something different. I thought it was way cute and it totally made my day! (We still did end up getting dinner to bring home and relaxing on the couch, too.)

Fast forward to today...day after Valentine's Day.
Working hard, shaping the minds of the future, you know...all that jazz.
I get a message from the office that says there is another package for me and I should come get it when I can. I wait until I have a special and go to the office to find flowers!!!
That's not even the best part...
The card said...

"Because one day isn't enough to tell you how much I love you."
                                                    Love, Josh

SQUEAL!!!! Talk about sweet. It made me totally cry.
I have the best husband ever. Hands down.
I hope you all felt loved on your Valentine's Day...or the day after!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so awesome omg how old is he?